What is Chicken Pox?
- Common childhood illness.
- It is an infection which is mild in children.
- More severe in babies and adults.
- There is a chance of a re-occurrence.
- It’s a universal illness.
Causes Of Chicken Pox
- Chicken pox is caused by a virus.
- It is multiplied through air and direct contact.
- Transmittable until blisters fade away.
Symptoms Of Chicken Pox
- Rash covering your body.
- Unmanageable itching.
- Severe cases can lead to brain damage.
Treatment Of Chicken Pox
- Take warm baths to ease the itchiness.
- Stay away from aspirin.
- To avoid skin damage trim your fingernails.
- Drink cold liquids.
- Acyclovir successfully helps to treat chicken pox.
- Ibuprofen can be taken to treat fever.
- See a GP or child specialist if:
a. Eyes are covered in rashes.
b. There is an extremely high fever.
c. Infection continues.
Prevention Of Chicken Pox
- Infected individual should remain indoors.
- First dosage given between 12-18 months of age.
- Injection should not be offered to:
a Women who are pregnant.
b Those with a weak immune system.
Related Video On Chicken Pox
Was this post helpful?
Let us know if you liked the post. That’s the only way we can improve.